Sunday, September 4, 2011

Puppet Masters

To go with our Fox Theater we made some princess puppets.  They are made from felt and little odds and ends most of which recently came in a box from my grandma.  I did not do pictures for a full tutorial.  I was into just enjoying the project with Sweet Lily Girl then just wanted to get it done when I heard Little Miss Ava Grace waking up from her nap.  One year olds and hot glue guns do not mix.

One picture I did take was this one.  It does not have great coloring but I did want to note that this is how much space I left around Sweet Lily Girls hand.  After doing a blanket stitch around the outside of the two layers i found that it was a little more snug than desired.  I would suggest leaving more space.


I cut out all pieces before sewing or gluing anything together.  I had no pattern I just made it up as I went and had to re cut several pieces but I think they turned out really cute.


I hand stitched the two layers of white together with a blanket stitch.  Click here for a clear tutorial on how to do a blanket stitch.  Then used a hot glue gun to add the dresses, hair, crown and accessories.


"Hi. How are you today?"



We have been having so much fun with our puppets and theater.  If you ever have big enough box I highly recommend this project for you and your little one(s).

1 comment: