Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Creative Fox Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 

I love this time of year. I even got married on December 3rd so that I could use Christmas decorations. Last weekend we (meaning Gabriel) drug the Christmas decorations down from the attic.  We played Christmas music and even got on Skype for a few minutes with my mom so she could see some of the decorating fun.


The girls were so excited and fast moving it was hard to get any non blurry pictures of them in the low lighting.


We used almost only non breakable ornaments on the tree.  The majority of those ornaments are from my childhood.  Which I think now they are considered vintage.



I have this wreath out year round, I simply added the red berries for the Christmas season.  The wreath was one I found at a garage sale right in my own neighborhood and bought for less than last spring.  I spray painted it blue and added the fabric flowers.





I got these metal ornaments a couple years ago just after Christmas.  Regularly $6.99 for $.69. Can you say awesome deal?




I made the balls and tree from yarn and glue.  There are tons of tutorials out there for the balls.  Some of them I used "eye lash yarn" the others are made from regular yarn.  The tree I made by forming a cone out of card stock, covering it in plastic wrap and using a very fuzzy green yarn dipped in glue and wrapped it around the cone.  Then when dry for extra strength I sprayed it with spray starch. (Note: I saved the cone for support during storage purposes until next year.)


I used my breakable ornaments in other places around the house.






Traditions and time together with my family are the best part of the Christmas season for me.  I look forward to it every year.  I enjoy remembering and teaching my children about how Jesus came to this earth and became a man born humbly in a stable.  All so that he could live among us, show us how to live an abundant, fruitful life, sacrifice his life and raise from the dead so that we can have a relationship with God the Father.  Thank you God for such an amazing gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment