Saturday, August 6, 2011

Visiting Friends (More from our Michigan Trip)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip to Michigan.  We were blessed with the opportunity to spend an entire day (9 hours) with one of my best friends, Amber, and her family.  We have known each other since high school youth group, were room mates in our first apartment, we were in each others weddings, I saw the birth of her first child (Awesome and Ewww), and I baby sat that same precious baby.  Although we have not seen each other much or even talked much on the phone in the past five years, each time we are able to get together it is so easy and natural.  For that I am so grateful.  Sweet Lily Girl, Little Miss Ava Grace & I had such a great time.  I drove back to my parents house with this overwhelming feeling of joy that comes at the end of a wonderful day.

These are the J's.  Her beautiful girls whose beautiful names all start with the letter J.


When I first entered the yard Middle J said "This is our baby sister J. she is a miracle!"  And that she is.  Little J was born with a whole in her heart that went undetected until the situation became life threatening.  The doctors actually lost her a couple of times but God answered prayers and kept this precious, very sweet and smiley girl alive for her family and the world to enjoy.  I've never seen two big sisters cherish their little sister the way these two do.



I find it so amazing to see Big J. I still picture her as the little baby I used to baby sit.  I still treasure those days I had with her.


Amber made yogurt Popsicles, they were delicious.  Aren't Middle J's eyes stunning?


What is it about little feet?  I can't resist taking pictures of them.



Both of my girls had a great time.  I think Sweet Lily Girl most of all.


This was so much fun to watch.  Amber said they spend a good portion of each day playing on this swing like this.  Middle J.'s strength is amazing.




Little Miss Ava Grace spent most of the day playing in the sand.  It was a huge hit!


My only regret from the day is not getting any pictures of the whole family.  Everything else (including the food) was fantastic!  If we were to ever move back to Michigan this family would be one reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment